A summary of some of the best upcoming crypto and blockchain events for 2021
As Covid restrictions are being gradually lifted in some countries, many crypto events are being organised for the coming year. A variety of summits and expos are taking place in many different locations around the world, both virtually and in person.
These events provide an opportunity for thought leaders, experts, developers, startups and government officials to get together and learn from each other about the latest blockchain innovations and all things crypto.
With so many events now back on, however, it’s hard to know which ones to visit. Luckily, we’ve compiled all the biggest and best events on the crypto calendar which all blockchain enthusiasts should check out.
What is AIBC Summit Dubai?
The AIBC Summit brings together investors and innovators from various emerging technologies, including blockchain, FinTech, the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, quantum technology and big data.
The AIBC Summit Dubai is one of five global events, along with AIBC Summits for Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas, which have been running since the summit was first launched in 2018.
- When: 25 – 26 May 2021
- Where: InterContinental Dubai Festival City, Dubai, UAE
- How: Book a pass online and arrange your own travel and accommodation
- How much: Standard – €49, Premium – €89, Platinum – €259
Why should I attend AIBC Summit Dubai?
The event will see thought leaders, delegates and international policymakers at the top of their fields gather to share ideas and knowledge. Dubai has gained a reputation as a centre of innovation and development of emerging technology, and provides the perfect location for both Europeans and Asians to meet in a business-friendly environment. Attendees of this year’s summit can expect:
- Expo floor of world class exhibitors
- Over 80 guest speakers including TRON Founder Justin Sun, Bitcoin.com Founder Roger Ver and Dubai Blockchain Center CEO Dr Marwan Alzarouni
- Startup village for new businesses
- Conferences and workshops
- VIP dinners
- Emerging Tech awards
- Networking opportunities
There is more information on the AIBC summits at aibc.world, and updates are posted to their Facebook and Twitter pages.
What is the Blockchain Expo Europe?
Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 is an annual event in the Blockchain Expo series. One of four co-located events also covering Artificial Intelligence & Big Data, Cybersecurity & Cloud, and Internet of Things, the Blockchain Expo brings together a range of leaders and innovators to share insights and showcase cutting edge technologies.
- When: 23 – 24 November 2021
- Where: RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre, Netherlands
- How: Register for the event online and make your own arrangements for travel and accommodation
- How much: Expo – free; Expo Plus, Blockchain Gold and Ultimate passes – prices to be confirmed
Why should I attend Blockchain Expo Europe?
With a focus on learning and building partnerships, the Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 will bring together more than 8,000 people across key industries for two days of world class content. 63% of attendees are director level or above, including investors, CTOs, startups, developers and government officials. The event will explore the sectors set to be disrupted the most by blockchain technology; namely financial services, real estate, legal, insurance, energy, government, music and others. Highlights of Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 will be:
- 500+ speakers including Dotun Rominiyi of the London Stock Exchange Group; Ioannis Roussos of Eurobank; and Marloes Pomp of the Dutch government
- More than 300 exhibitors showcasing the most cutting-edge technologies
- Interactive panel discussions
- Solution-based case studies
- Networking opportunities
More information about the event can be found on the website and updates on the line-up can be seen on the Blockchain Expo Twitter and Facebook pages.
Blockchain Expo is also holding an online North American event on 29 and 30 September 2021.
What is Blockchain Week Rome?
Blockchain Week Rome is the largest blockchain and cryptocurrency-focused event in Italy. Hundreds of start-ups, leaders and experts from the crypto sector will get together to discover the latest innovations and create new synergies over the course of five days.
- When: 16 – 20 November 2021
- Where: Mercure Roma West, Rome, Italy
- How: Buy your ticket online and book your own travel and accommodation
- How much: Online streaming event – €107, first three days – €259, last two days – €159, full five days – €339
Why should I attend Blockchain Week Rome?
Attendees will discover the ways in which the world of business is being revolutionised by cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology through talks from leaders of some of the most internationally important companies in the sector. Blockchain Week Rome 2021 will feature:
- An intensive expert led a 3 day course covering the fundamentals of blockchain, cryptocurrencies and decentralisation
- 2 days of international summit
- At least 35 speakers including Bitfinex and Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino, TON Labs CEO Alexander Filatov and IBM’s Blockchain and Digital Currencies CTO Massimo Chiriatti
- More than 20 conferences, workshops and panels
- A 2,000 square metre exhibition area featuring innovative companies and start-ups
- Networking, meet-ups and evening parties
You can find out more about the event on the Blockchain Week Rome website and get updates from their Facebook page.
Other upcoming blockchain events to check out
- Blockchain Expo Global 2021: a well attended 2 day conference focusing on blockchain solutions for key industries. It will be held at the Business Design Centre in London, UK on 6 and 7 September, with a virtual event being held online from 13 to 15 September.
- London Digital Asset Week: a series of conferences, workshops and panels examining digital asset investment, tokenisation case studies and the impact of blockchain technology on the future of finance. The event will be held in London and online from 13 to 17 September 2021.
Construction Blockchain Consortium 2021: a 3 day peer reviewed conference featuring keynotes and workshops addressing the latest technological developments of Industry 4.0. The event will take place virtually and at University College London in the UK from 20 to 22 October 2021.